Wildflower Garden

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Market, Fries and Other Wonders of Saturdays

It feels so good to have Saturday just to relax.
I'm so used to having one or more rehearsals I have to rush off too, but this season is going to be different.

I like to be busy.
And I find when I have too much time on my hands my life just turns to mush and I don't get anything accomplished.
But to be perfectly honest, I think that's what Saturday is supposed to be all about.

This morning I got up, at some cereal, read some of Jane Eyre, and headed off to the market with my Daddy.
When we first got there we ordered some fries and tried to find someplace to sit(harder than you think, especially when you're contending with Chinese New Year festivities).

These fries that I speak of, are one of the more elusive things in my life right now.
I go to the market every Thursday to talk about books, and every week I have the same internal debate.
French fries, or no french fries.
This question never seems to get old for me.
Usually I can never resist, but on Thursdays, things just get a lot more complicated.
Either I just don't get them, or when I want to the people aren't there to serve me.

I guess since today wasn't a Thursday, everything was bound to go in my favour.
The fries we're well worth the wait!

We also bought a bunch of apples, since I've been craving market fresh apples for the longest time.
The grocery store variety just doesn't cut it.

Dad and I had a few more errands to run, and then back home it was.

The rest of the day has consisted of finding exciting new music to listen too, and reading Charlotte Bronte's, Jane Eyre.

I was supposed to go babysitting this evening, but I don't think that's going to happen.
The snow is coming down fast and furious.
So that is looking like a no go.

Oh well.
Staying at home eating granola bar rice crispy squares continuing my reading and music searching seems like a good option too.

No comments:

Post a Comment