Wildflower Garden

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Naps Are Lovely Things

Today I have the sweet indulgence of having a long awaited nap.
What a wonderful thing it was!

Naps are strange creatures. They are something that doesn't quite make sense.
We all have naps every single day as babies, but once we grow out of that stage of life, naps become a rare and forgotten activity.

The funniest nap story that I can call my own goes something like this:

I came home one afternoon after a long rehearsal and fell into bed to have a nice long nap.
When I woke up the clock told me it was 7:10.
I lept out of bed, flew to the kitchen, poured myself a bowl of cereal.
All the while my father was giving my the strangest looks.

Apparently I hadn't slept through the whole night, as I had thought.
 It was evening, and I was rushing for nothing.
At least I got a yummy bowl of cereal out of the deal.

I still find it funny how convinced I was it was morning and that I should have already been out the door.

Naps are the best.
Hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment