Wildflower Garden

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

four coins, one dollar

This week is just overflowing with the lovely-ness of choir!
I'm pretty sure I'm singing with one of my choirs, every single day, and that's totally fine by me.

I have a bunch of germ-ies floating around inside of me right now, so my singing isn't quite up to par. But I'm having fun regardless.

I'm one of the few teenagers I know who doesn't have a cell phone, and is quite happy living that way.
A rarity I know.
The only thing is that not having a cell phone makes things a bit difficult when plans change.
At least I always know that I'll be surrounded by a sea of other teenagers who are all clutching their little pieces of technology.

This evening choir let out early, and I was trying to call home(the line was busy).
But my friend was letting me use his phone(to no avail).
He got his ride all sorted out, but I still hadn't gotten a hold of anyone. So he insisted that I take his quarters... so I could use a pay phone.
I told him it was fifty-sense, but I would be fine.
His persisted, and gave me a dollar, just in case I called the wrong number, or something.

The phone remained busy, and I didn't have to use a pay phone.

So now I'm up a dollar,  four coins richer.
I think I might feel the need to pay him back on Thursday.


I'm not so broke that I need to keep a dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment