Wildflower Garden

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

new life, just outside my window

Spring is definitely in the air.
We've had some lovely warm days, but now it's cold and rainy again today.

I had a lovely Easter weekend with my friends and family.
My friends are basically my family too. The girls I spent Good Friday and Saturday with have been my best friends since forever.
We were all homeschooled together, but now they've all moved on to highschool, ballet school in Toronto, college, and this coming year university.

It isn't often that we get time to be together, but this weekend we tried to make the most of it.

When I was younger I remember how excited I was when a family of robins made their nest right outside our dinning room window.
This year, after many years with out them, they are back!

 We watched them build their nest, gathering string and grass through the pouring rain, shaping their new home into a perfect nest.
And now, we can watch the parents flying from their nest, over to the bird feeder and back, always keeping an eye on their soon to be born babies.

The nest is a little to high to peak into, but with enough patience its possible to reach out the window and get a quick snap shot.



Aren't they glorious!

It's amazing how those perfect little eggs will soon become baby birdies.

We have a miracle happening right outside our window!

No comments:

Post a Comment