Wildflower Garden

Saturday, February 8, 2014

French music and a Midnight in Paris

Yesterday was a long, busy, adventurous, successful, and living large kind of day.
9:15am I had a french recital to sing at, which had me scared beyond all belief(French and I don't really get along). I did my thing, and it may not have been my best performance of life, but I was very satisfied with the result. I held on to my confidence and ended with a smile. There were no huge holes or brain blocks or noticeable flubs, so I was pleased with my self.
After I went on to tea with friends and a nice long makeup lesson with my voice teacher, My lessons are always interesting. My teacher is currently focusing on the inspiration and motivation to achieving a goal... which seems to involve more talking than singing at the moment. Which is alright, but singing is what I am here for!
After my lesson I went on to theory class, which was long and dry, but helpful as we work towards the chapter test on Monday. I just need to find some motivation to pick up and pencil and plug through my theory hand out sheets...
After school I went to visit the boyfriend at his school and then he came over and kept me company while I got ready for the music formal.
I had a wonderful evening. The theme of the dance was 'Midnight in Paris' which was presented in the form of a chirstmas-esque light up Eiffle Tower and candy. The food was tasty, and the company superb. Unfortuantely the boyfriend wasn't able to come... next time I need to buy tickets sooner to avoid that problem.
Surprising my feet aren't too sore today after dancing the night away, although my big and baby toes are a little more pink than usual...



No comments:

Post a Comment